Today, SecureSystem announced that Dan Prieto, a seasoned IT executive and a recognized national security and cybersecurity expert has joined our Global Advisory Council. Dan has a deep record of leadership and innovation in government, technology, on Wall Street, and with leading universities and think tanks, and we are thrilled to welcome him to our team.
“Dan brings unparalleled cyber and government security expertise to our Advisory Council in support of SecureSystem’s growth,” said Oliver Toma, SecureSystem CEO. “We welcome his deep understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding data and security and are very pleased to officially welcome him to the team.”
SecureSystem empowers shippers with in-transit visibility into the location, status, and condition of their cargo, transforming standard shipping containers into smart, connected assets using sensors, redundant communication links, and patented personalized access control. A cloud-based Trust Center allows global monitoring and data integration into clients’ information management systems.
Previously announced Global Advisory Council members from aspects of industry and government central to SecureSystem’s growth strategy include:
- Dr. Thorsten Blecker, Professor for information technology in logistics at the Hamburg University of Technology
- Carl-Peter Forster, Chairman of the Shareholder Committee of Hella; former Board Member of Geely Automotive Holdings and Volvo Cars, former group CEO at Tata Motors and CEO and President of GM Europe
- Max Holtzman, Principal at Pontos Aqua Advisory, Vice Chairman of Capitol Peak Asset Management, and former Senior Advisor to the United States Secretary of Agriculture
- Marco Lopez, senior advisor to Grupo Carso, Latin American trade and security executive and former chief of staff at U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- General Douglas Lute (Ret.), CEO of Cambridge Global Advisors, former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and Assistant to Presidents Bush and Obama
- Tom Winkowski, former Commissioner of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
DANIEL B. PRIETO
Daniel B. Prieto is a senior strategy executive for Google Cloud, Public Sector. He has served on the staff of the National Security Council as Director for Cybersecurity Policy and in the office of the DOD CIO as Chief Technology Officer. After 9/11, he helped stand up the Committee on Homeland Security in the U.S. House of Representatives. He has been a senior advisor to McKinsey & Co, an executive at IBM and America Online, an investment banker at JP Morgan. He served as a strategist or advisor on over $150B in transactions in technology, media and aerospace & defense, including the mergers of America Online and Time Warner, Boeing and McDonnell Douglas, the acquisition of Netscape, and the sale of firewall and encryption company Trusted Information Systems. He has held fellowship appointments at Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia universities and at the Council on Foreign Relations. He received his M.A. from Johns Hopkins SAIS and his B.A. from Wesleyan University.